Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Post a reply || Back to Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Re: Re: . . . Joyous Day!! . . .

Delete this post Submitted by Dave Bennett <bennettoons@earthlink.net> on 07/Jul/2009 in reply to Re: . . . Joyous Day!! . . . posted by Joel on 07/Jul/2009

Thanks for the 'congratulations', Joel! I can't tell you how delighted I am to finally have this old 'friend' back in my life!!

I think I started the first cards in 1977 -- so it was an ongoing project for a long time!

How 'bout if I just start going through my cards, when I have the time, and feed you the information piecemeal, a few titles and dates at a time? I'll do it by private email so as not to clog up this board.

Thanks for the offer to 'transcribe' all these cards, but I think I will plan to make that a project for myself and get all this info into my computer. Over the years several people have asked me for 'printouts' and I've had to bemusedly decline -- because I couldn't!

If I had to make a guess, I'd say probably 40% of the cards (each card represents one comic book) are pre-, non-Disney.

I've been thinking about your reluctance to post Jack's Disney work, and while I respect your sensitivity, I really don't think there is anything to prevent you from doing so. The copyright stipulation is that you are not to make a commercial enterprise of those pages - - - and you're not. There are many websites that show Disney pages and I believe you are well within your rights to do so here!

I hope you will --- those Chip n Dale, Li'l Bad Wolf and Pluto stories are how I first fell in love with your dad's work!!

All the best ----------- Dave

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text