Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Post a reply || Back to Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

. . . Joyous Day!! . . .

Delete this post Submitted by Dave Bennett <bennettoons@earthlink.net> on 07/Jul/2009

For many years I devotedly indexed every Jack Bradbury comic I was lucky enough to add to my collection. On index cards that filled a small file box I wrote down titles, issue numbers, dates and synopses of over 6200 comic book pages drawn by Jack.

Five years ago I completely remodelled my studio and the index file couldn't be located. I suspected it may have accidentally been tossed with the boxes and boxes of material I had to sacrifice to make more room.

I was heartbroken.

But today that sadness turned to elation when I came across the missing Bradbury Index in a box of stamp collecting supplies that lay unopened at the back of a closet! I whooped and hollered!! I just about fell to my knees in disbelief! All that work hadn't gone down the drain after all!

This forum is really the only place I can express my immense happiness without sounding crazy! (Maybe I sound crazy anyway, but hopefully you'll understand!)

What it means is that, if you'd like, Joel, I can supply you with comic titles and dates for all the great stories of Jack's that you have posted here. I think you mentioned once that such info could be added to the opening page of each story.

Just wanted to share my euphoria at finding this long lost labor of love!! Now I can add to it the pages I've acquired in the past 5 years! Boy, am I happy!!

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text