Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Post a reply || Back to Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Re: Re: Re: Animation Work Questions

Delete this post Submitted by Dave Bennett <bennettoons@earthlink.net> on 13/Jun/2009 in reply to Re: Re: Animation Work Questions posted by Chuck Fiala on 11/Jun/2009

Hi Chuck -------

I used to ask Jack about specific scenes he had done all the time . . . and, as was understandable after doing 9000 pages of comic book work in the intervening years, he just couldn't remember - for the most part - specific scenes that he had done at Warner Bros.

The big exception - one he often referred to because it was done for Chuck Jones, apparently, who really liked it - was a closing scene in a Tweety and Sylvester short where Sylvester opens his lips to reveal Tweety inside "jail bars'' formed by his teeth. You would know better than I what short that might be.

He also mentioned working on that 'Bugs and the Beanstalk' take-off, that I believe was released in 3D.

Joel is right about those revolving credits at Warner Bros. -- I believe his first screen credit was on a Tex Avery cartoon ('Meatless Flyday'??) with a big laughing spider in it . . . . with which he had absolutely no connection!

I'm glad you found this terrific site that Joel created!

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text