Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Post a reply || Back to Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Re: question to dave bennett

Delete this post Submitted by Dave Bennett <bennettoons@earthlink.net> on 13/Jun/2009 in reply to question to dave bennett posted by Tom D. on 12/Jun/2009

Hi Tom --

Thanks very much for your kind words about that Ace Comics story that Jack and I did together! Although Spencer Spook was one of the very few characters from that ACG period that Jack DIDN'T create, he was one of Jack's favorites to draw, he told me.

That was just about the only comic book story I ever did. I work primarily in the animation field, and unfortunately am not allowed to keep or disply most of the storyboard work that I do.

I will mention here that I just spent a year doing storyboards for "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and took immense pleasure in seeing some of my drawings of Mickey, Goofy, and especially Pluto turning out sometimes looking very much like Jack would have posed them!

I will never come close to Jack's talent, but it was obvious that years and years of studying and admiring his Disney work rubbed off on me in some small way!

Thanks again for your nice compliments and interest!

------------------ Dave

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text