Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Post a reply || Back to Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Re: Animation Work Questions

Delete this post Submitted by Joel on 10/Jun/2009 in reply to Animation Work Questions posted by Chuck Fiala on 10/Jun/2009

Hi, Chuck,

Thanks for stopping by!

I don't have a list of his animation scenes--I know for Disney he worked some on The Old Mill and Barnyard Symphony shorts (as assistant animator?), Ferdinand the Bull (Ferdinand sitting on the bee and some other scenes; this was his first work as full animator), Snow White, Pinocchio (some of Figaro the cat and other scenes), Bambi (the stag fight), and Fantasia (some of the pastoral segment). I have found on-line on other web sites the Disney work assignment sheets for Ferdinand the Bull, and for Pinocchio, so for those two there does exist some specific info about what scenes he did. (I'll try to at least add links to those--it may not be appropriate for me to copy that material here.) When the Disney strike occurred, he had been doing some animation for what was intended to be a full-length Wind in the Willows, but his scenes were cut in the final shorter version.

As for his time with Freleng--I really don't have any info about which cartoons he may have worked on. I do know that he mentioned a number of times that that group had kind of an unusual system where the screen credit for cartoons would kind of come up in rotation, regardless of who had actually done the animation! So, as I understood it, his first screen credit there was for a cartoon he hadn't worked on!

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text