Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Post a reply || Back to Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Re: Re: Hello Joel son of Jack Bradbury

Delete this post Submitted by JW Schyler <jw_schyler@yahoo.com> on 04/Jun/2011 in reply to Re: Hello Joel son of Jack Bradbury posted by Joel on 03/Jun/2011

Stan Freberg worked with Bob Clampett for years. I was told there were 2 of the Cecil puppets with the big buttons for nostrils used for the show. Clampett kept one and gave the other to Stan Freberg after the show went off the air. Clampett might have worked with your dad at one time when your dad worked at Warner Bros. I think they both knew Chuck Jones and Fritz Freleng who taught Clampett much of his art. Stan came along later and was mostly instrumental as a voice over. His son Donavan, who we knew early on, is now quite the recognized talent himself. He did voices for Charlie Brown commercials when we were only about 6 or 7 years old. Everyone lived in Pasadena, and then moved to LA and we lost touch over the years. You know how that goes.Donavans dad Stan was very fond of your dad, and apparently they were friends at some point. Clampett kind of fell out of vogue when Chuck Jones and others from Warners derided him for various things,it was kind of sad the way he was abandoned by many cartoonists at that time. But I think your dad was one of the few who stood by him. Good man.
JW

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text