Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Post a reply || Back to Message Board for Jack Bradbury Comics Website

Re: Re: Re: collection condition

Delete this post Submitted by Joel on 03/Jun/2011 in reply to Re: Re: collection condition posted by Bill Fergusson on 03/Jun/2011

Bill,
Dave Bennett is a cartoonist of my generation, not my dad's. He admired my dad's work and, living in southern California, somehow they connected--I don't recall exactly how. Dave became a much treasured friend of my dad's for many, many years. I think Dave is currently animating for Disney.

As for 'growing up with a famous cartoonist', well, I can't say that he had that kind of fame. Only toward the end of his life, after ceasing to draw, did he become aware of some fans here and there around the world. I was always very proud of his work. It was fun to have a father with an unusual occupation like this, and I could brag about his having been a Disney animator back in the day. Most of the time that I remember he was cranking out the Disney comic books--and there were certainly periods when the comic business waned and it was hard for him to get enough work. Starting around the early 1950's he worked at home and mailed in the drawings. It was certainly a pleasure to have him around all the time and to be able to hang out in his workroom when he was drawing!
Joel

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text